1) These terms and conditions are incorporated into all contracts for the supply of goods ("Goods") from Avizandum Law Bookshop ("the Supplier"). They supersede any previously issued Terms and Conditions of Supply.
2) Goods supplied may differ in non-material respects from those advertised in the Supplier’s catalogue or other promotional material.
3) These terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Scotland.
4) Subject to paragraphs 5 and 6 below the price payable for Goods shall be the total price as Invoiced to us by the supplying Publisher, less any discounts agreed in advance in writing by the Supplier and plus the applicable cost of packaging, postage and delivery (Delivery Charges). Prices and Delivery Charges may be subject to change without notice where such change is due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Supplier.
5) Discounts agreed by the Supplier as at the date of these terms and conditions shall continue to have effect for the remainder of the term of the relevant agreement.
6) All prices are not inclusive of VAT which shall be payable in addition by the Customer at the applicable rate.
7) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Supplier all invoices are payable within thirty (30) days of the date of invoice, in Pounds Sterling (GBP), drawn on a bank based in the UK or by such other method as is agreed in advance by the Supplier.
8) Failure to pay all amounts due by the due date may result, at the Supplier’s absolute discretion, in:-
a) withholding of further supplies including supplies in respect of which the customer has already made payment in full;
b) charging of interest on amounts outstanding at the rate of 4% above Royal Bank of Scotland base rate from time to time.
9) The Supplier may set and vary credit limits from time to time and withhold all further supplies if the customer exceeds such credit limit.
10) Orders for printed and CD products are accepted by the Supplier subject to availability of stock and may be delivered in two or more instalments. The Supplier has no liability for any loss of trade or profit to the customer as a result of delay in delivery or delivery of incorrect or faulty goods.
11) Delivery will be made to the address specified on the order by the customer or its agent, or to a carrier designated by the customer, or to other such addresses as are notified to the Supplier from time to time.
12) Risk in Goods passes to the customer on delivery. Title to Goods will pass to the customer on payment in full.
13) Time is not of the essence for delivery of Goods and the Supplier's liability for incorrect delivery or failure to deliver is limited to the replacement of Goods.
14) Claims for damage or partial delivery or complete loss of consignment must be notified within thirty (30) days of the date of invoice.
15) Returns of printed Goods will be accepted for credit provided they are received by the Supplier within thirty (30) days of the date of invoice and are in a condition fit for re-sale. Refunds will be given only where the Goods returned are in a condition fit for re-sale and there are no other amounts outstanding and due on the customer's credit account with the Supplier.
16) The Supplier’s liability to the Customer for negligence, breach of contract and statutory duty is limited to the cost of replacing the goods ordered. It is not intended that any contract between the Supplier and the customer for the supply of Goods should be enforceable by any third party. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit liability for death or personal injury.
17) The Supplier accepts no liability for any reliance placed upon the contents of any publication supplied. The said material is intended for reference purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be used, as a substitute for professional advice and judgement or to provide legal advice with respect to particular circumstances.
18) Any waiver by the Supplier of any of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the particular instance and shall not operate or be deemed to operate as a future waiver of that or any other term.
19) Notices sent by the customer must be sent by prepaid post to the Supplier at the address on the most recently delivered invoice. Such notices must state the customers name and (where applicable) account number. Notices sent by the Supplier will be sent to the customer's last known address.